On a quiet cobbled street in the centre of Silves, behind a striking azure door, you will find Casa Mourisca: a townhouse filled with comfortable charm and modern luxury. The surrounding town has an unhurried atmosphere: cosy streets and squares, a castle and a market hall, a 20 minutes drive to the sun-drenched beaches and green hills of the Algarve.
Casa Mourisca was renovated by the passionate Portuguese owners with the help of Studio Arte architects. The townhouse owes its style to the Moorish history of Portugal. A lot of attention has been paid to the details, using traditional elements such as the handmade Portuguese and Arab tiles & vintage furniture. The interior is a feast for the eyes and many modern facilities are offered: hotel-style bedrooms with comfortable beds and crispy fresh linen, hammam style bathrooms, Marshall sound system, luxury kitchen, gas barbecue and more.
The heart of Casa Mourisca is the beautiful courtyard with four different patios, equipped with beautiful greenery and lighting. The cobalt green plunge pool invites you to cool off and then read your book in the relax mode on the sunbed. Enjoy dinner al fresco together at the covered terrace with a long wooden table and outdoor kitchen. Thanks to the air conditioning and underfloor heating, Casa Mourisca is a comfortable house to stay in all seasons.
Casa Mourisca can be rented in different configurations. For a group of 6 persons or smaller, the first floor of the house will be closed. Guests can make full use of the second floor, which includes the kitchen and sleeping and living areas, as well as the entire outdoor area. If the group is larger than 6, the first floor is included in the rental.
The distinctive blue door of Casa Mourisca stands out among the other houses along the quiet street. Behind it you will find the traditionally tiled hallway, from where the house splits into two parts:
- Double bedroom and separate bathroom with a large hammam style double shower (not suitable for elderly people) and a toilet.
- Living room with sitting area, built-in dining table and kitchenette with mini-fridge, hob and dishwasher.
- Access to the patio from this living space by stairs.
- Two double bedrooms
- Mezzanine with two single beds, accessible via a ladder
- Shared bathroom with a very large hammam-style bath, with a rain shower and a waterfall faucet
- Living room with comfortable sitting area, cable TV and a Marshall sound system. The living room has large windows, with shutters, to let in air and light
- Dream kitchen, equipped with a Siemens stove and oven, microwave, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso machine and a wine cellar.
- Across the patio, there is a separate, detached double bedroom with a private bathroom with toilet and shower and direct access to the pool area
- Casa Mourisca benefits from four different terraces
- A wooden sundeck with 4 sun loungers and parasols
- A shady chill-out room with cushions, adjacent to the pool
- The kitchen opens on one side to the pool area and on the other side to the terrace with a long wooden table for up to 10 people, with a pergola and outdoor kitchen, equipped with sink and gas barbecue
- The patio has accents of green vegetation everywhere, and the main centre is the tiled small pool (4×2,5 meter and 1,20 meters deep). There is also an outdoor shower and a separate toilet.
Good to know
- Check-in from 17:00hr
- Check-out until 10:00hr
- Arrival/departure day on Friday, but flexible on request
- Children are more than welcome of course, but we don’t recommend this villa for young children due to the stairs and pool access
- Baby bed and high chair upon request
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking is only allowed outside
- Private pool ( 4 x 2,5 meter, depth: 1,20 meter)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Guests: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Location: Silves
- View: Pool view
- Amenities: Air conditioning, Barbecue, Bluetooth speaker, Hair dryer, Heating, Ironing facilities, Microwave, Oven, Private pool, Sun loungers, TV, Washing machine, WiFi
Prices start from: €230 per night
|1-1-2022||30-4-2022||€ 1.610,00||€ 230,00||€ 100,00|
|1-5-2022||31-5-2022||€ 1.820,00||€ 260,00||€ 100,00|
|1-6-2022||30-6-2022||€ 2.030,00||€ 290,00||€ 100,00|
|1-7-2022||31-8-2022||€ 2.450,00||€ 350,00||€ 100,00|
|1-9-2022||30-9-2022||€ 2.030,00||€ 290,00||€ 100,00|
|1-10-2022||31-10-2022||€ 1.820,00||€ 260,00||€ 100,00|
|1-11-2022||30-4-2023||€ 1.610,00||€ 230,00||€ 100,00|
Included in the rental price
- Gas, water and electricity
- Bed-, bath- and kitchen linen
- Cot and high chair (on request)
- Welcome gift
Excluded in the rental price
- Refundable security deposit: € 250,00
- Final cleaning fee: € 60,- per stay